Wednesday, August 17, 2016

An unwelcome visitor...


Excuse me - do I have spinach in my teeth?
We have a new arrival.  And it is an unwelcome visitor...

Tuesday morning, while my human was entertaining Jaws, the Hulk let Velcro dog and I out onto the deck.  And Velcro dog immediately noticed that something was wrong.  He stared down at the lawn and he began to bark and growl.  Right in the middle of the lawn was something odd.  A big brown mound of something.  The Hulk and my human went to investigate while we canines were sequestered in the house. And what was that brown mound?  Dirt.  A big pile of dirt.  SOMETHING had been digging.  And with a bit of Google searching and after talking to a neighbor, it appears we have MOLES.  And according to just about every website that my human visited, these guys are NOT easy to get rid of.  Every non-poinsonous method for deterring the fuzzy earthworm-like creatures is not proven successful.  Of course my human doesn't want to use poison as she wants NO chance for us dogs to get any.  And it doesn't appear that traps are all that successful either.  So what to do?  I say time for a cat.  My human says no.  Time to call the guy from Critter Ridder.

Speaking of neighbors, Jaws went for a visit to meet one of the kids on our road.  She's a lovely little girl who is VERY interested in dogs and she wanted to meet him.  Jaws needs more socializing - he hasn't yet met the 936 people he is supposed to before he turns 16 weeks - so it was good for him, too.  He was overall, quite well behaved.  He obeyed her commands to "down" and happily, and gently took treats.  Not ONLY did he get dog treats - but he also got to sample some blackberries and watermelon.  Lucky guy.  He DID have a few moments of puppy wildness, but all in all was a good puppy.  Clearly he did not learn that from me.

It's interesting that Jaws ate that fruit so quickly.  At home he prefers to play with pieces of banana, and he gums and spits out spinach.  I have learned to follow him around when he gets a treat - as there are always leftovers.

Well it's Wednesday and it is supposed to be a rainy day.  Time for some indoor entertainment.  We haven't played Find the Bunny since I ate the leg off the large rabbit.  But maybe we can use the other bunny that still has all four limbs.  Paws crossed.

Have a great day! Oh - but before I close - I have a favor to ask.  My human added a "Followers" button to my blog site.  She knows that many of you regularly follow my antics via Facebook - but she was wondering if you would mind clicking on my "Followers" button - just so she has idea about how many people actually read about our wild world.  She's just curious!  Thanks. Have a good one!



No comments:

Post a Comment