Saturday, August 20, 2016

Another trip around the sun.



It's the one day a year I HAVE to be good to my human.  OK - maybe one of two - the other being Christmas.  It's my human's birthday.  I figure she deserves a break from my devilish behavior.  That's my gift to her.  

She's over 400 years old in dog years.  I'm pretty sure she knew Adam and Eve.  I wonder if they had a dog?

Humans are funny.  When they are young, they want to be older.  And when they are old, they want to be younger.  And they usually celebrate the day they came into this world with greetings, cake and sometimes gifts. I was thinking about getting her some liver cake for her special day.  But apparently she prefers a vanilla version.  

We dogs don't think about aging or birthdays.  It's all the same to us.  I've said it before - to us, every day is our birthday.  Mind you, if you humans want to give us extra treats to mark the day we were born, who are we to complain? 

Happy birthday to my human today.  We promise to behave.  Just for today.  Otherwise things around here would be pretty boring, right?

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment