Thursday, August 4, 2016

Water dog.



Every day is a new adventure.  Night #2 Jaws slept right through.  It's no wonder - he never stops all day long.

Several of the neighbors came by to meet him. And he was quite the social butterfly.  While Velcro dog barked.  Teaching him wonderful behaviors. He also met Jackson but surprisingly wasn't too sure about the big black dog.  That's OK - he has plenty of time to get used to the neighborhood.

I'm still not sure about him.  I mean he's cute and all - but this really is an adjustment for me.  I grumble and growl at him - those teeth are like needles and I want NO part of them.  Right now he is steering clear of me.  But I do like to sniff him while he is sleeping. 

Jaws REALLY likes to get into things.  No electrical cord is safe.  So we are now living surrounded by toys.  In the dark.

And those needle teeth sure like to chew.  My human is buying stock in Bitter Apple.  She is buying one of those industrial paint sprayers and dousing the entire house.  Furniture.  Carpets.  Doors.  Walls.   We can move back in next week.

And yesterday he did something that neither Velcro dog or I would EVER, EVER do.  He walked in the lake.  Seriously.  First he stood and looked at it.  He then put a paw in.  And then he WALKED in. Frodo was absolutely mortified.  Check him out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnrnZiXwRIw

My human has been reading about dog adjustment times with new puppies.  It's not like she hasn't had new puppies and older dogs before.  But it has been some time - and she can't recall how long it took others to adjust.  It's not uncommon for it to take several weeks before we are all feeling comfortable.  Of course my human,  wants us to be one big happy family NOW.  Patience woman.  Patience.  My goodness - she is a challenge to train.

Well I must go and see what Jaws is into now.  Time to take him on PART of our morning walk.  He's too little to go too far.  But we take him along for part anyway - "they" say it's good for bonding.  Not to mention it tires him out.  A bit.  

Have a good one!





No comments:

Post a Comment