Friday, August 26, 2016

Socializing...


Well Mr. Elroy has been getting out lately.  He had a Puppy Socialization class on Wednesday night.  Velcro dog was relieved he was gone for an hour - those two CANNOT stop playing with each other.  Excuse my graphic description, but Frodo tries to hump Elroy and then Elroy tries to hump Frodo.  Then they chew each other's ears.  Then they bounce up and Elroy rips some of Frodo's tail hair off.  It's really quite a sight.  My human has to break it up when it gets too raucous.  I'm still not sure about it all - so I just watch.  

Anyway, Jaws went to his first official "class" with more to come.  He reportedly was a tiny bit overwhelmed when he arrived - and the other puppies already knew each other.  But the instructor was great -  she doesn't let all heck break loose by letting puppies run free and crazy.  They stay ON leash - so they can meet only IF they are comfortable - and they want to.  Jaws was the tallest puppy there.  The other humans wanted to know what breed he was.  My human told them that he is a cross between an Irish Wolfhound and a coyote.  JUST KIDDING.  She said he was a Berger Picard - and as expected, no one knew what a Picard was.   He's gianormous - and he is mostly legs right now.  He weighs 32lbs - and he is just 15 weeks old. But that didn't seem to bother the other puppies.  One yellow Lab - who was smaller in height but looked like a tank- and probably weighed more than Jaws, thought Jaws was just great - and he didn't mind his sharp teeth one bit.  My human was extremely pleased with how Jaws interacted - and he was quite comfortable by the end of the class.  As soon as he got in the vehicle to come home, he was SOUND asleep.  My human thought the rest of the evening would be quiet.  Wrongo.  The drive was just long enough to let him rest up - so he was raring to play with Frodo again.  It's going to take more than an hour of activity to slow this guy down.  

If I could just teach him to throw a retrieving toy, I might start to like him more.  I'm still shocked that I am not the baby in the household any more... My human says I'll always be her Baby V - but it's still an adjustment...  Who KNEW this would take so long!





No comments:

Post a Comment