Tuesday, August 2, 2016

And now we are three...

Well he has arrived.  And by all reports, he is an excellent traveler.  My human said that when they would stop for a pee break, people would ask what kind of dog he is.  One woman thought he was an Irish Wolfhound.  Looks like she has lots of educating to do.  When she says "Berger Picard" most people look at her with a strange look.  Mind you, she gets that same look when she says PON!




So he arrived late yesterday afternoon after a second long day of travel.  We were SUPER excited to meet him - check out the signs the hulk put up on the garage door.  


My human knew we would be crazy to see her - so she came in to greet us first and left Elroy outside with the Hulk.  She gave us hugs and told us to wait in the other room - that she wanted us to be CAREFUL in meeting Elroy.  So she sequestered us in the bedroom and brought him in - and put him in his crate.  Then she let us in to meet him.  We were VERY, VERY curious - our tails just about wagged off.  And Frodo barked.  Incessantly.  


When we finally calmed down, she let Elroy out.  Well.  Let me tell you, I'm not sure what to call him.  Jaws or Brave Heart.  He came out of that crate like we were long lost friends.  He was totally unafraid and quickly tried to demonstrate how well his sharp teeth work!   He and Frodo IMMEDIATELY began playing.  I, on the other hand did not know what to make of him.  I mean I have wanted a puppy forever - and here he was.  But honestly, I was more interested in the toys that were in his crate.

My human decided to take us outside - with Jaws on a leash.  Frodo kept trying to play with him and it wasn't 3 minutes before he had a mouthful of Frodo hair.  And that's when I decided to show him how FAST I can run in circles.  Racing round him - just out of reach of those teeth.  

Within minutes, everyone was huffing and puffing - and my human didn't want ANYONE getting overheated.  So back we went inside.  And that's when Jaws did something that MORTIFIED us PONs.  He splashed all the water out of the water bowl.  It was like he wanted to swim in it.  Frodo and I just stared at him.  My human had to put him in his crate because he and Frodo would not leave each other alone.  And when he was in his crate - totally exhausted, he was squeaking for Frodo and Frodo was squeaking for him.  I swear Frodo was trying to figure out how to get him out of that crate.

Once I figure him out, I'm sure we are going to have a GREAT time together.  One thing I am happy about - he has already learned how to stick his tongue out at the puparazzi!




Stay tuned for more adventures.  I KNOW  they will be good!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun life all of you will have. Welcome to the word of Berger Picards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So excited to be on this new journey!

      Delete