Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Daycare



Well Elroy had quite the day yesterday.  He went to Puppy Daycare.  The same nice lady (my human calls her The Amazing Aimee) - who did the socialization class last week, takes puppies for socializing in her home - with her dogs, other puppies, a cat (!), and her kids - it's a whole new environment. My human packed his bag for his adventure- his food, treats, a chew toy, leash and band-aids for anyone who would be playing with him.  When she dropped him off, she said a silent prayer as she pulled away that no human or canine would be harmed when encountering Typhoon Elroy.  She was thinking she should have left more band-aids.  And maybe a case of wine.

HOWEVER - despite all of her concern - he reportedly did well. He was swimming - which he LOVES and he even went to a playground with the kids.  And there were no Emergency Room admissions for any humans.  But even The Amazing Aimee agreed that there are times when he goes completely loco - and he truly has the attention of a gnat.  Walking him is an adventure - he rolls, he jumps, he grabs the leash and he has NO idea where his big feet on the ends of those long legs are going.  Picture a gazelle on sedatives.  Actually a gazelle on sedatives wearing rubber boots.  He DOES have a presence...

With Jaws gone for the day, we had a very relaxing day at home.  Frodo missed him and I must confess. I was starting to miss the wild piranha myself.  Just a little.

As for me- I had another day without a seizure.  So that's a good thing.  A very good thing.  I truly believe your paws-itive wishes are making a difference. 

My human is still off - so let's see what we have planned for her today...I hope Jaws is still tired after his daycare adventure!

Have a great one!






1 comment: