Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Happy Act Happy Day


So Tuesday we celebrated St. Patrick’s Day.  Well WE didn’t really CELEBRATE – we got to wear crazy attire for a photo shoot.  And got some treats.  But I would hardly call that a celebration.

But if you look on the internet, you’ll see that humans will find just about ANYTHING to celebrate.  For example, today in the US, March 19 is National Poultry Day, National Chocolate Caramel Day, Incredible Kid Day, Act Happy Day and around the world it’s another saint day – St. Joseph’s Day.  St. Joseph’s Day is celebrated big in Italian communities.  Thankfully, though, the Dollar Store doesn’t carry any St. Joseph attire.  I’m surprised my human didn’t wrap Italian sausages around my neck and try to get a photo. Like THAT would ever have worked.  I guess she knows when to NOT attempt the impossible.

As for Act Happy Day – it will be a REAL act here in “Snow”va Scotia.  People are still shoveling out from one of the biggest snowstorms of the winter.  Some people are experiencing something called “Snow rage.”  Yup.  Tempers are short with all of this white stuff.  I’m so glad I’m not a human.  I don’t NEED to go anywhere, except out in the yard to do my thing.  I don’t NEED to go to work. Or go shopping.  Or visit people.  Or shovel.  So I don’t need to ACT happy.  I just am!  Unless my human brings out a purchase from the Dollar Store…

Oh – and don’t forget – today is also “Let’s Laugh Day.”  Research has shown that laughter IS good medicine – and even FAKE laughter is good for you! Laughter reduces blood pressure, reduces stress hormone levels, and releases endorphins which ease pain and make you feel good all over.  Give it a try.  Trust me, you’ll feel good.  And if you’re sitting on the bus or standing in a crowded elevator laughing like crazy, for what appears to be no good reason, and someone asks you WHY you are laughing – tell them Viktor told you to!  Viktor the PON.

©  2015  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment