Monday, March 16, 2015

Springtime weather. Not.


Well.  WHAT a day yesterday.  We got soooo much snow.  Personally, I thought it was OK, and so did Paxton, but Frodo - he didn't want to poop.  It was just too deep for his derriere.  He hates that.  AND the plow guy got stuck again.  My human figured she would need a helicopter to get out this time. I was secretly hoping she wouldn’t be able to go to work today, but after numerous phone calls and a great deal of praying – one of the guys down the road who has a backhoe came and got us out.  The piles around the house are over 10 feet high.  Seriously. So I started thinking about a new money making scheme...



Since I can’t sell the dog poop on Ebay – for now- since it is all hidden again, I will sell snow.  People in hot climates would probably buy it.  And I’ll JUST sell the white stuff – not the yellow stuff.  Although, I could probably market that as rare golden snow.  I said it before – humans will buy anything.



OR, with the piles we have now, I COULD open a ski resort.  Paxton could tow people to the top, and they can ski down.  Frodo can bark directions and I’ll just collect the money.  Perfect.

The good news was we got to play Find the Bunny (or in my case, "Try and Destroy the Bunny") and we each got a long turn with  the treat Pyramid.  Frodo goes ABSOLUTELY CRAZY batting the thing EVERYWHERE.  He totally wedged himself under the sofa when it went underneath.  I was also pretty crazy with it,  while Paxton takes a totally different approach.  He repeatedly carries it over to the carpet - where he has more control and bats it around there.  It's a pretty efficient method. He may not be a Find the Bunny pro, but he sure can work that Pyramid.



Despite the indoor festivities, we ARE looking forward to some good runs on the trail.  How many more sleeps until Spring? 



©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment