Sunday, March 29, 2015

The "s" word


OK.  I said I wouldn’t talk about it any more.  The dreaded “s” word.  But I have to.  I just HAVE to. And the "s" word I am referring to is NOT Spring...

Here’s the scoop.  Everybody in Nova Scotia is getting depressed.  REALLY depressed.  I’m sure the pharmaceutical companies are making a killing on anti-depressants in this province!  That is unless you own a dog.  We make people happy.  Most of the time.  So no drugs in our household.  Yet. 

It’s funny.  The weather people all winter would give these doom and gloom forecasts for storms a WEEK in advance.  They would issue continual warnings days before a storm, and would tell people to be prepared. And we have had some REALLY bad snow in the past few weeks.  Our plow guy got stuck twice – and my human had to get a guy with heavy equipment to come in and move the snow. The last storm, the plow guy didn’t even ATTEMPT our driveway.

Anyway, my human noticed that on Thursday, the weather people were not saying much about the forecast beyond Friday.  It was like the weather was going to stop on Friday.  Which made my human nervous.  She figured that they didn’t want to TELL people what was coming – because people would be going off the deep end. And sure enough. What started out as “flurries” became a MAJOR snowfall.  At least at our house it was major!  The plow guy came and – are you ready – got STUCK again. He left us with a 4 foot wall in our driveway that no one would be able to get around. So the guy with the heavy equipment had to come.  Again.

My human attempted the dreaded rabbit ear photo shoot with us yesterday– but she is not happy with the results.  The photos don’t look very Eastery.  We look like snow bunnies.  But don’t worry – you’ll get to see them next week.  And I have a feeling there may be MORE since she doesn’t like the setting… She’s probably looking to find some place with astro-turf so she can take shots that look like Springtime.  Good luck.

So that’s it. I will NOT mention the “s” word ANY MORE.  Not until December.   I mean it.  I hope.

©  Linda Wozniak




No comments:

Post a Comment