Monday, March 9, 2015

Meet the breed


OK.  I just heard something.  Remember I said something about a local DOG show coming up – several weeks ago?  And my human was talking something about beauty pageants and obedience “entries?”  Well. It’s THIS weekend.  It seems she didn’t feel I was quite ready for any competitions right now – given that there will be no “find the bunny” contests at the show.  BUT she DID enter Frodo and I in something called “Exhibition.”  So we get to be in some kind of exhibit.  Kind of like being a painting in an art gallery.  You hang around and look pretty, but you don’t do too much.

APPARENTLY, we are going to participate in something called “Meet the Breed.”  We sit on display, and our human will answer questions about WHY anyone should get a PON.  Why?  Because we are perfect.  That's why. 

So this sounded all well and good to me.  UNTIL my human announced that being an exhibit involves having a BATH.  Seriously.  Take Paxton.  Call him a Polish Valley Dog.  Who will know the difference?

Ugh.  So I guess you need to be clean to be an exhibit.  I’m hoping my human has time to bathe just one of us.  And Frodo can go first….


©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment