Sunday, March 8, 2015

PONtuition

I

Sometimes we canines are very intuitive.  We know when there is trouble.  And we DO come to the rescue…

My human had a very, very, very hard day yesterday.  Having to do with her work.

And when she came home after being unexpectedly gone for hours, I could SEE that she was sad.  So what did I do?  I provided comic relief…

You know the infamous bunny that we use for our Find the Bunny game?  Well.  He is kept securely on a shelf in the garage – where we can’t get him.

When my human came home, she opened the garage door to come in from the car– and told us we all needed to go out and pee before supper.  She then opened the outside door.  Frodo dashed outside.  Paxton dashed outside.  And then I dashed outside.  Carrying a certain stuffed mammal.  My human watched me FLY by, over the snow mounds, holding my bounty.  Instead of being aggravated by my thievery, my human could only laugh.  I was FLYING with that long-eared fellow.  My human had no idea how I managed to get him off the shelf – let alone get him that quickly.  And I ran and ran.  Shaking the heck out of that guy.  It’s a miracle he still has a head.

THEN my human had to figure out how to get the bunny back.  But the promise of supper was enough for me – and after a few tugs on the rodent, I gave him up.

Last night we took it easy on my human.  We KNEW she had a hard day.  We were well mannered – we didn’t bark, or steal things.  And we gave her giant kisses and hugs.

I may not pass the Therapy Dog test – but I sure was acting like one last night. I am a PON of many hidden talents…and I do have excellent PONtuition….


©  2015  Linda Wozniak


No comments:

Post a Comment