Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day...


The Luck of the Irish.  Well – clearly I am NOT Irish – and obviously not very lucky!  I am NOT impressed with this holiday garb.  This is worse than the antlers. The following are a few other photos in the obligatory holiday attire.  I can’t STAND that Dollar store….





 So today we celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.  In the province of Newfoundland, because there are so many people of Irish descent, it’s a holiday!  It’s not a holiday in Nova Scotia, but here in Halifax, one of the Irish pubs starts serving a special breakfast at 7AM.  My human went once.  Once was enough.  Let’s just say that going to work AFTER the Irish breakfast is not so easy.  Those Irish folk do enjoy a pint.  And we’re not talking milk.

In honor of the holiday, I did a little Google search – and found an Irish blessing I would like to share with you!  The author was unknown.

Lucky stars above you,
Sunshine on your way,
Many friends to love you,
Joy in work and play-
Laughter to outweigh each care,
In your heart a song-
And gladness waiting everywhere
All your whole life long! 
Especially if you own a PON.
  
OK – I added that last line…


Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone!


© Linda Wozniak





No comments:

Post a Comment