Sunday, March 22, 2015

Poop Wars


OK.  I won’t talk about snow.  We’ve had enough.  But I WILL just mention this…the weatherman issued a rainfall warning for Saturday night.  When we woke up Sunday morning, there was of 3 inches this heavy white wet stuff covering EVERYTHING.  I don’t think it rained at ALL.  I didn’t really care.  And neither did Paxton.  But Frodo.  Well, we KNOW he doesn’t like to be wet or damp.  And he doesn’t even want to go out.  So with the sloppy conditions, he and my human had what I refer to as a Poop War.  He REFUSED to poop.  Now some might argue that dogs don’t REALLY refuse to poop.  But my human is CONVINCED that Frodo does.

So here it was.  6:45 Sunday morning.  The sky was grey and everything was covered in that mysterious white stuff.  And when the white substance is soooooo wet, it forms balls on the legs of PONs.  And the more you walk, the bigger the balls get.  So my human took Frodo for his walk.  And she told him to “Hurry up.” That’s the polite human statement that means “Go poop. Now.” 

She must have said that statement 4,759 times.  And they walked.  And there were more sticky balls stuck to Frodo’s legs.  And they kept getting bigger.  And BIGGER.  My human attempted to break them up – but when you touch them, they seem to stick even MORE.  And she BEGGED him to “Hurry Up.”  She knew he needed to go -  she’s a statistician when it comes to monitoring our bodily functions.  When it appeared that he was NOT going to poop, and that he had won THIS battle, my human sadly trudged back to the house – with one gleeful, yet heavier dog – whose gait pattern was distinctly different from when he left the house. They then spent 30 minutes blow drying the giant balls off his fur.

So that’s how OUR day began.  I forgot to mention that Spring “officially” arrived Friday night.  I can’t understand why I forgot to mention it…..

That PONdominium in Florida is looking better all the time!


©  Linda Wozniak




No comments:

Post a Comment