Sunday, March 22, 2015

National Goof Off Day


Well I wasn’t going to post a blog today since it is National Goof Off Day.  But I just HAD to tell you about my latest escapade.

On Friday, my human’s mother was here for the day waiting for the oil delivery man while my human was at work.  As you may recall, she was here several weeks ago, and I was on my best behavior, vying for the title of favorite Grand Dog.  That contest ended in a bit of a stalemate, so let’s just say, I didn’t feel the same motivation to be my usual angelic self this time.

While she was here, she couldn’t HELP but notice all of our bones and assorted toys spread out around the room.  So she carefully picked them ALL up and I watched the proceedings with one eye open, while lying on my bed.  She put them in the container that holds all of the canine belongings.

I never moved a MUSCLE while she was tidying up.  I just waited.  Patiently.  She finished picking up toys and bones from the whole room and sat down to read her book.  At which point I slowly got up, walked over to the toy container and looked at her.  I took out one bone.  She watched me.  And then I knocked over the container and took out EVERY bone and toy.  She watched in disbelief. She said “HEY – what are you doing?!”  I thought it was pretty obvious.  Re-decorating.  She just shook her head.  

 And of COURSE she had to tell the story to my human later. 

I DO think she still likes me best.  After all, I AM the most entertaining. Ya gotta love me!

And since all the toys and bones are prominently displayed, and my work is done, I CAN goof off for the rest of the day.  I hope you can too!!

© Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment