Sunday, March 15, 2015

The Ides of March

On the Greeting table

Beware the Ides of March.  That’s what some guy named Caesar said many years ago.  Not the somewhat controversial dog trainer, Cesar – a DIFFERENT Cesar.  The guy I’m referring to probably didn’t even HAVE a dog.

And why beware?  BECAUSE WE ARE HAVING A SNOWSTORM TODAY!  Yes.  You read that correctly.  Snow and freezing rain. Again. And the forecast for today was soooo bad – that the dog show was cancelled for today!  They held an extra show last night.  I’m not sure how that works – but I’m sure glad I wasn’t on the organizing committee.

And speaking of the show – I was a SUPERSTAR yesterday.  Lots of people came by to meet me and get my paw-tograph.  They loved me.  Even little kids loved me.  One family asked if their 2 little girls could take a photo with me – which I happily obliged.  No charge.  One man commented about how calm I was – and SO well-behaved.  My human said “the sedatives must be working.”  Ha.  Ha.  No -she DIDN'T give me sedatives – I was just being a good politician.  You have to put on a good game face if you want people to like you.  Just like politicians.  Then after they elect you, you show them your true colors.  And raise taxes.  Yup – I have it down.  

In front of our display


Anyway, I had a great time at the show.  And after our assigned time was over, I watched part of the beauty pageant with my human.  And GUESS who stopped over to see me?!  My creationist!  The woman who was responsible for my birth!!  And you know what?!  I’m friendly with people – but I don’t go CRAZY when I meet people.  But her?  I get ALL excited and super crazy.  I REMEMBER her.  Even though it was a LONG time ago.  We had a lovely chat.

Lounging ringside after an exciting morning of Meet and Greet


I was ZONKED when I got home from all the excitement.  It’s hard work being a superstar, especially with all of the paparazzi.  My face was sore from smiling.

So today – Frodo is off the hook – and no bath for him.  But the good news – we get to spend the WHOLE day with our human.  I see some rounds of Find the Bunny on the agenda today!

Hope your day isn’t snowy – but if it is, make the best of it!

©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment