Thursday, March 5, 2015

The Duet


Monkey see. Monkey do.  Or in this case.  Monkey hear. Monkey do.

So we all know that Frodo is the barker in the family.  He barks when my human gets up.  He barks when she is getting dressed.  He barks when she is getting our food.  He barks when she is eating her yoghurt.  Etc. Etc.  It’s the daily routine.

But the daily routine has been broken since the driveway became a luge run.  Usually, Frodo and I get a long WALK together in the morning and then Paxton goes out for his walk.  But with the icy conditions, the routine has changed.   We each go out – one at a time.  And we have been going in the backyard – rather than up the luge run and onto the road for our walk to “do our thing.”  This snow and ice stuff is REALLY cramping my exercise routine.  How will I EVER stay in shape?!

Anyway, the NEW routine is that I get to go out first – while Frodo and Paxton stay in.  And Frodo barks.  THEN Frodo goes out while Pax and I stay in.  We quietly await their return.  And then, Paxton goes out.  And Frodo and I wait.  That’s when the PON choir begins.  I have always been a quiet guy, but with this change in routine, I have decided that I should do as Frodo does.  So we BOTH bark while our human is out in the yard with Bucket Head.  Occasionally, we hear our human outside shouting “FRODO BE QUIET”.  And sometimes he stops – so I stop.  For 20 seconds.  And then the PON Brothers Duet begins again.  Of course as SOON as my human opens the door to come back in with Pax, we are silent.  It’s an interesting conundrum.  You can’t scold us when we are quiet…Yes.  We PONs are brilliant. 

Spring can’t come soon enough for ALL of us.  And once we get back to our regular routine, and we get our regular LONG walk, we will probably stop our duet.  Maybe…..


©  2015 Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment